Koombea is looking for a Tech Lead Developer to join our development team in Colombia or remote in all Latam. As a Technical Lead, you'll be architecting solutions for a wide array of problems. Interested in creating a Jamstack frontend using Nuxt, Tailwind, Contentful and Netlify Functions, or extending our modular approach to Shopify theme development and collaborating on our open-source build and development tools, or creating unique selling experiences using cutting edge platforms like Swell.is
Ultimately, as part of our Technical Lead team you'll be responsible for the technical solutions we design and create for our clients. This responsibility is broken down into activities like the following:
· Understand client objectives, guiding intake activities like stakeholder interviews.
· Develop prototypes as we consider solutions.
· Guide teams of developers as we turn ideas into digital products.
· Build and maintain trust with clients through excellent communication.
· Promote and extend our best practices and internal tooling.
· Identify risks, oversights and needs early.
· Manage a number of consecutive projects.
· Ownership over decisions and Architecture decision making
· Lead the development team
· Share ownership over timelines and user stories with PM
· Be the first technical face of the company, with clients
This is a senior level position that requires 4+ years of relevant experience. Both backend and frontend skillsets are valued since we do cater to both frontend and backend challenges.
See below for some pointers on what we are looking for:
· Senior level backend or frontend technical skill sets.
· 4+ years of web-based software architecture experience. Think rolling out an MVC application, integrating with third-party APIs (+ handling throttle limits), building out Jamstack frontends, creating Shopify themes from the ground up, contributing to open source packages, creating custom API interfaces.
· Knowledge of modern frameworks and coding paradigms. On the frontend, we typically work with Vue.js and React. On the backend, we typically work with RoR, Node and Laravel.
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. English as a native or secondary language will be necessary
· Level-headed and positive attitude under pressure.
· A team-first mentality. Speak up when you need help and help those in need.
· Detail orientated mindset. Dive deep into the problems you are solving.
· Knowledge in Shopify not expected but nice to have
Here at Koombea you'll find
We are seriously growing and this is an excellent time to join us!