Java Technical Lead
- Full Time
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
Remote, Latam | Full Time | 7+ years experience | English (B2) | Competitive Salary
Why Apply to Koombea?
Did you know that Koombea is one of Latin America's fastest-growing software development companies? We help our clients all over the world build digital products that make users' lives better.
By joining our team, you will not only receive amazing benefits and become part of a flexible and innovative work culture. You will also get to share directly with some of the region's most talented and intelligent software developers.
You'll be in charge of directing the back-end engineering team and managing their senior engineers, as well as collaborating directly with the CTO to design and execute new systems, manage production system operations, and coordinate work across all of the Engineering team's objectives.
He or she will work in a distributed architecture, laying the groundwork for managing Big Data and solving hard algorithmic issues. Will implement revenue-generating and efficiency-improving initiatives in accordance with the company's strategy. Will maintain a thorough understanding of the company's technologies and architectures. Will create and enforce master data management and development best practices. Will serve as the team's focal point.
The ideal applicant is a driven programmer with extensive experience designing and implementing complicated systems. Capable of producing amazing quantities and quality of product.
What You’ll Do
- Keep enhancing back-end systems to improve performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and flexibility.
- Technically oversee the developments in progress by providing technical guidance.
- Participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release.
- Deliver code in an agile team environment.
- Lead code reviews to drive the team to the highest standards.
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
What You Bring to the Team
- MS in Computer Science or a related technical field | Must to have
- 9+ years’ experience in software development | Must to have
- 7+ years’ experience in Java | Must to have
- Proven leadership experience | Must to have
- Extensive experience with Service Oriented Architectures | Must to have
- Solid experience with SQL | Must to have
- Extensive experience with unit test frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, TestNG etc | Must to have
- Familiarity with AWS | Must to have
- Familiarity with Docker | Must to have
- Strong analytical skills | Must to have
- Ability to work independently and with teams | Must to have
- Familiarity with automation and continuous integration tools like Jenkins | Nice to have
- Experience with Test Driven Development techniques | Nice to have
- Experience working with high-traffic websites is a plus | Nice to have
- Experience with Machine Learning | Nice to have
- Familiarity with Hadoop | Nice to have
We Offer You
- Flexible Working Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Remote Work
- Competitive Compensation
- Performance Bonuses
- Surprise Goodies
- Many Cool Benefits
Koombea is an international app development company founded in 2007. We've built hundreds of apps. Some of them have been acquired by companies like Google, Motorola Solutions, Demandforce, Facebook, and Skype.
Life at Koombea
If you are looking for a fun and international environment where you can interact with super-smart people, this is the right place for you.
Join our company and enjoy a healthy work-life balance where flexibility is vital. You will be able to manage your schedule and your career so that you make the most out of your experience at Koombea.
Send us your CV and our team of recruiters will evaluate it.
Key team members will invite you to meetings to get to know you better.
3. Coding Test
You’ll get to show off your technical skills.
We will let you know if there is a strong fit.
Do you have any questions?
We’d love to hear from you.
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Not ready to apply?
Follow us, join our community and stay in the loop.
- English B2
- Remote, Latam
- 7+ years experience