Koombea is looking for a Senior PHP engineer to join our team in Barranquilla or as a remote worker, with an expert skill level in Laravel to participate in our projects as a lead software developer.
We are seeking for a highly motivated, client-focused individual with a willingness to work collaboratively in an agile environment, innovate, and quickly learn and effectively apply new technologies. Our culture is casual, positive, and collaborative
You will become a part of a distributed engineering team. Your primary responsibility would be to create technical designs, and to develop and deliver functional features to the existing and new PHP solutions.
1. Analyze, refine scope and estimate tasks, suggest implementation approach including technology stack and tools
2. Implement the requested features and prepare code for integration tests, document program code and development tooling
3. Communicate with client on scope-related issues and support data infrastructure needs
4. Collaborate with in-house and external development and QA teams
5. Assist QA engineers, fix software defects
6. Assist DevOps with implementing infrastructure
Koombea expects successful candidate to have most of the following qualifications and skills (not necessary all have to be presented):
1. Hands-on experience developing complex PHP/Laravel applications. Ideal candidates are expected to demonstrate strong background and proven experience participating in long-term software development projects (several years long)
2. At least 5 years in software development industry and at least 3 years as PHP/Laravel software engineer (or senior software engineer) in custom software development projects or in product development companies
3. Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and common PHP or web exploits and solutions
4. Hands-on experience with Rest API, PHP Eloquent and Crons.
5. Knowledge and practical expertise in SQL (scheme design, querying, typical performance optimizations)
6. Strong theoretical background in OOP and understanding modern design patterns
7. Experience (or motivation) to work in a remote environment with a distributed team
8. Ability to carry on English communication in emails and chats with customers. Ideal candidate has fluent English to maintain technical calls with the US teammates
9. Strong self-management and self-organizational skills
10. Understanding of fundamental software development lifecycle stages (e.g. requirements, design, development, testing, delivery) and processes
Each of these things would be considered as “additional pluses” and beneficiate a candidate:
11. Hands-on development experience with one of the following:
b. Ruby on Rails
12. Practical experience or theoretical background in AWS infrastructure: e.g. S3, RDS, Lambda, SES, SQS, Elasticache
13. Participation in high-load projects
14. Candidates with a degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field are preferred.